Last updated: 30th August 2019
DocsCorp will typically only receive basic information about customers such as company name, address, email and phone number. This will often only apply to key contacts rather than every end-user of our software and services. Nevertheless, we encourage every user of our products, services, and website to read this Policy carefully. If you use DocsCorp products, services, or visit the website, you agree to the conditions laid out in this Policy.
Information We Collect
DocsCorp may collect personal information about our users through one of several methods. The purposes of information capturing will be specified at the time they are collected, and information will only be used for the intended business purpose. Information may be stored or processed outside the European Union, including in Australia, Asia, and North America.
Cookies and other technology that captures information
DocsCorp may use personally identifiable information collected through our website to contact users regarding products and services offered by DocsCorp and its trusted affiliates. This includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, and the referring website address. To opt-out of analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser.
DocsCorp may use information collected through our website using cookies for research regarding the effectiveness of the website and the marketing, advertising and sales efforts of DocsCorp, and its trusted affiliates. Using a cookie that may be assigned to you, we may automatically collect information about your activity on our site, including the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. To decline cookies, you should be able to modify your browser setting to stop automatically accepting them.
Any emails you send to DocsCorp, and our replies to you are retained in DocsCorp email archives to assist in providing you the highest level of service possible.
Collection and use of financial information
If you have been party to a financial transaction with DocsCorp, personal information captured could include financial information such as your payment method (but not credit card details). Financial information and payment method information may be used to process payment for purchases, subscriptions, or sales made on our website or through the DocsCorp invoicing system. It may also be used to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
Where you might have purchased a product from one of our network of partners, then the relevant partner will also have your information and they may from time to time contact you for renewal of subscriptions based upon our records of whether or not you have renewed.
Credit Card Information
DocsCorp does not store credit card numbers or information.
How we use the information we collect
The main purposes that information collected may be used for are;
- Providing the product or service you have purchased or requested
- Managing your account and providing customer or technical support
- Researching and analyzing how you use, or your interest in, our products, services, or content
- Communicating with you via email, post, telephone and/or mobile devices about products, services, content, or events you may be interested in
- Developing and displaying content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites
- Enforcing our terms and conditions
- Managing our business
- Performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
Personal information is kept and used for only the business purposes identified at the time of collection for a maximum of 24 months.
DocsCorp makes very little external disclosure of your personal information. In the event that an external party wishes to communicate with any or all parts of the DocsCorp user database, and DocsCorp is agreeable to this communication, we would generally undertake the communication on behalf of the external party (but at their cost) so that access to the personal information of our customer remains with DocsCorp.
DocsCorp may use, from time to time, external service providers to facilitate communications with its customers. In these circumstances, DocsCorp may provide personal contact/address information to the external service provider to enable the communication to be dispatched. Such information is provided to the external service provider on the strict basis that it be used for this purpose only and agreements are put in place to ensure this.
Other situations in which we may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Accessing your information
If you have a login to the DocsCorp Resource Portal, you can review and update your personal information online. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us (see the end of this page).
Choosing how your information is collected and used
You can, at any time, choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by entering the email address associated with your account here. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How we keep your personal information safe
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email
Europe & the UK: You can, at any time, lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office about the collection, storage, use or disclosure of your personal information.